Shelbourne Auditors are fully registered Auditors who specialise in providing Auditing services for non Audit exempt companies as well as companies who have a legal requirement to produce Audited accounts.
What is an Audit Exempt company?
- Company must not be a parent or subsidiary company
- Company’s current or prior year annual return must have been submitted to the Companies Registration Office prior to the company’s Annual Return date.
- A company that does not have a legal requirement to file Audited Accounts – i.e. a company who is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange
- Irish Private Ltd company to which the Companies (Amendment) Act 1986 applies
- Turnover of the company must not exceed €8.8 million
- Balance Sheet Total must not exceed €4.4m
- Average number of employees must be less than 50
The cost of preparing an Audited set of accounts would exceed that of an Audit Exempt company. The Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA) believe that the additional cost of preparing an Audit compared to a company with Audit Exemption would be anywhere between €1,000 to €3,000 annually and occasionally over €10,000 depending on the type of company.
Get in touch.
Chartered Certified Accountants
Dublin: +353 1 518 0518
Cork: +353 21 735 5747
Galway: +353 91 399 060